According to the centers for disease control and prevention;
· About 81% of injuries located in the home happened within the bathroom.
· Two thirds of all injuries occurred in the tub or shower area though only 2.2% occurred while getting in or out of the shower or tub.
From sprains, fractures and concussions to electrical shock resulting in death, your bathroom can be a dangerous place!
In this blog post you will find tips for bathroom safety. Tips applying to youth thru senior years.
· Adults should not leave children younger than 6 years of age unattended in a tub or shower area. The bathtub can be very slippery causing children and seniors to slip and fall.
· Prevent falls in the bathroom using non – skid decals or mats in the tub or shower area. Placement of support safety handles in various locations can help with stability.
· Prevent improper use of bathroom chemicals by installing a low maintenance product within your wet area that you can use organic cleaning products. This will reduce the risk of harm or even death.
· Do not leave children unattended in wet areas. Upgrade senior wet areas from tub to shower. Install safety handles and latches on toilets for very young children. Install a temperature control valve to prevent burning.
Here at Center Point Renovations Colorado we believe you should not have to sacrifice beauty or quality for the health and safety of you and your loved ones.
We strive to take care of our clients no matter the age from our youngest to our most senior clients we offer a safe, low maintenance, quality product at an affordable price.
Center Point Renovations Colorado is CAPS certified and compliant, meaning we are knowledgeable in industry standards, codes and safety regulations. We have the ability to provide you with a safe environment.
Call us TODAY to schedule your FREE in-home consultation!! Do not wait for an accident to happen let Center Point Renovations Colorado take care of it for you TODAY!